E-Bike Festival and Show
5-13 September 2020
You are an e-bike brand and or bike accessory provider – we have the last few Exhibitor places for our Show – Free of charge!
….can you be agile and reactive and take the initiative to join us at the heart of the three valleys this summer?
Meribel launches the inaugural E-bike Festival and Show
Meribel will play host to a week-long E-Bike festival and show from 5th to 13th September 2020. This first edition will be a ‘toe in the water’ launch event aimed at showcasing e-bike industry manufacturers and brands to local property owners, business owners, residents and visiting tourists. High Voltage will be free for all in this inaugural year!
A Bike Show area for brands and associated brands will run for the entire week. It will be free of charge for visitors and exhibitors alike. Exhibitors will be able to showcase, to trial and to sell their products at the Show. The Show will sit alongside a full program of planned cycling activity, with guiding and thematic ride-outs all along the week.
In light of the current Covid 19 health situation the decision was taken to hold this event outside of peak summer season and 1 week before the arrival of the tour de France. The Salon will take place in open sided tents at the Chaudanne area (outdoor). Hygiene and crowd measures will be in place to ensure your safety at all times.
Time is short, so if you can be reactive and take the initiative we would welcome your contribution!
Tour De France comes to Meribel
The arrival of the Tour de France on 16th September to Meribel at the top of the new cycle route of the Col De la Loze is already being heralded the “mythical” stage by cycling journalists. At an altitude of 2304m and with a 360 degree view of the surrounding peaks its easy to see why it has such a high status already.
Since the roads completion last year Meribel has seen scores of amateur cyclists accepting the immense challenge to grind up the 34Kms to the summit. Add to that the arrival of stage 16 in September, it has propelled Meribel to the top of the list for cycling fans.
It is in this context that Meribel Tourist office events team and local partners are developing various projects “everything bike”. They are especially focusing on the huge growth potential of e-biking in the mountains, reshaping and improving trails and routes and ultimately opening up the Meribel valley to neighbouring valleys of Val Thorens and Courchevel to make an immense linked cycling area. The E Bike Festival and show will be an introduction to the opportunities that lie ahead.
E Bikes for all the family
E-bikes offer an incredible access to the mountain landscape via technical tracks or easier routes at all times of year, for all ages and fitness levels. It is particularly this democratisation of the sport of mountain biking, offering all members of the family the possibility to ride together, that fits snugly with Meribel’s family friendly market segmentation. Meribel has always enjoyed the number one position as the best family ski resort, so join us in making it a family friendly biking destination second to none!
The Meribel Tourist office fully expects this event to continue in subsequent years. Events like these will be essential to the development of Meribel as a year round destination. E-bikes give an unfettered access to the whole mountain area when ski lifts are not operating. E-bikes are also in harmony with Meribel’s sustainability goals sitting firmly as a viable inter-village transport option within the Meribel Valley.
Meribel a heaven on two wheels
Meribel has become in a very short time a veritable desired destination for all types of cycling fans. E-bike, road bike, downhill, cross country all have their home in Meribel. Currently the Meribel terrain looks like this for cycling;
- 10 Downhill runs (1 green, 3 blue, 3 red, 2 black and 1 double black) making more than 35km of pure descent
- 10 Endurance runs (1 green, 2 blue, 3 red and 4 black), being 104 km of trails
- 4 XC cross country routes (1 green, 1 blue, 1 red and 1 black)
- 3 dedicated E-Bike routes
- A pump track and skate park
- 1 extensive bike park (see video below)
- Various KMs of inter village road and track options and variables
- 32 KM col de la Loze bike route Meribel and Courchevel sides
- On the doorstep of the Via Rhona national bike network
- Col De La Madelaine, Val Thorens, Cormet de la Rosselund, The Petit St Bernard (and Italy) + many more cols a day’s ride away
With these combined trails and Numerous off trail options bike enthusiasts have over 350KMs of variants to choose from.
Invitation to Exhibitors
- Become a founding participant in the first ever e-bike show and festival
- Targeting over 5000 property owners, business owners and residents with pre-event communications. Being 1 week before the tour de France, we envisage a “growth week” for buying e-bikes and associated kit to give users all mountain access during the tour.
- Put in place commercial links in a resort which is serious about growing this exciting market
- Wider reach and appeal to our combined social network of over 200 000 people
- Individual sponsorship of events, giveaways and competitions
- Powerful networking possibilities via the industry workshop planned in the week
- Your product placed in the backdrop of the most beautiful bike playground
- We can help with all logistics of travel and accommodation of your team
Please note the exhibitors access to the salon to hold a stand will be offered free of charge in year one.
Panned events include; time trials, gourmet ride-out, bike park discovery, MCF School e-bike guiding, e-bike descent lessons (green level), e-skate and e-scooter pump-track and competitions. If you see an event we can help organise for you during this week then get in touch!
If you are interested in getting involved even in a small way in this inaugural event please contact Richard@alpsintegral.com // www.alpsintegral.com
#e-skate #e-bike #electricbikes #tourdefrance #e-scooters #electric #emobility #mobility #micromobility